A private investigator can help with many problems of an individual as well as that of a company. Some people often hesitate to opt for private investigator services when in trouble while others are not aware of the full range of services they offer.
Here is a list of the most popular investigative services they offer:
- Background Checks
- Civil Investigations
- Insurance Fraud
- Corporate Investigations
- Investigation of an Accident
- Divorce or Cheating Spouse
- Validating Official Records
- Monitoring Children
The future of Private Investigation
The private investigation companies these days use plenty of hi-tech tools and devices for the purpose of spying on people. They already have a lot of gadgets and advanced tools at their disposal. However, investigative methods and techniques used are constantly evolving.
Here are a few ways in which it is expected to change:
- Use of drones: A drone is amazingly easy to operate and is very efficient when it comes to gathering evidence. The fact that it can be controlled remotely has an ability to hover silently, is very easy to maneuver and can be operated at great heights as well as ground level makes it a very versatile tool. The size of drones is also continuously decreasing making them harder to spot and easy to access many places.
- Increase of large private investigation companies: The private investigation industry has many solo operators who do provide excellent investigative reports. However, this is likely to change in the future. There are likely to be a number of larger private detective firms rather than many solo operators.
- Harder to track digitally: Online privacy is already a big issue amongst the major social networks and other online tools and software. This is likely to become more stringent in the future with more people becoming aware of the importance of privacy. The legal rules and regulations pertaining to the use of GPS devices, tracking of phones, monitoring activity online is likely to be more in favor of the people. This will make it harder for a person with no training and other hackers to gain access to restricted information.
- More technologically driven: There are many online sources which can provide a great deal of information for those who have correct skills. This includes social media, public records, and many more. There was a time when it would take days to gather tit-bits of information. But that is not the case these days. On average it would not take more 10 minutes to find basic information on any person. There are likely to more advanced search patterns and special software to take advantage of information online and find any minute detail one desires.
- Social Media Investigators: The number of people using social media is on the rise; this does not just include the current generation, but also includes the older generation and many children as well. Kids and teenagers have access to several chat programs and social media software and hence they too have an online presence. Besides this, the Internet is also not a means of communication for a large number of people and businesses. Thus, it becomes easier for a private investigator to find information about any person with the help of social media. This is already a method many investigators might be used however; it is likely to be a major source of information in the future and the main features of private investigator services.
- GPS Technology: With more advancements in technology and the fact that it is becoming more accessible; it is rapidly reducing the work of a traditional detective. There is a lot of hard work involved in digging up information about some or tracking them. GPS technology has made it easier for detectives and is often implemented for surveillance work. It is often useful for the purpose of monitoring kids and also has several other applications. This technology is likely to evolve further with more number of GPS devices making it more accessible and easier for private investigators to implement.