UX stands for user experience. It is one of the most important factors to consider while designing a website or establishing an online presence. UX is so important that Google has created an entire Machine Learning AI called RankBrain to improve search engine user experience and to gauge if websites provide a good experience to their visitors.
Needless to say, your website must be optimized for better UX if you want to succeed in 2019. Fortunately, this can be easily accomplished if you have a good plan. In this article, we discuss several different tips and tricks to improve the conversion rate with UX optimization.
- Use Heatmaps to Analyze User Behavior
There are several tools available online to help you analyze user behavior after they enter your website. For example, you can simply check Google Analytics to determine how long people remain on the site and which pages are most popular.
One of the most effective analytics tools is the heatmap tool. Heatmaps provide easy-to-understand visual data on how people interact with your website. The tool will analyze your page and then display a map with heat signatures over it. Areas that see a lot of interaction will be dark and vivid. Areas that see the least amount of interaction will be light and faint.
The heatmap can also provide a visual interpretation of the scroll depth. It will show how far visitors scroll down your page.
You can study these maps to understand user interaction and make decisions accordingly. For example, if you find most users in one area of the website but you want them to visit another section more often, you can optimize accordingly.
- Add Video To Landing Pages
Getting people onto your website is half the battle. Once they are on it, you need to keep them there until they make a purchase decision. That’s why the landing page content is very important and should be optimized well.
One of the most attractive forms of content is videos. These content pieces keep people engaged and can amp up conversion rates by nearly 80%.
Video can be an intimidating medium, but it can be surprisingly easy to create professional content. The best choice is to create professional content with good-quality cameras and efficient software. Landing page videos are different from other forms of video marketing. The content needs to be polished to be effective.
Some of the best landing page videos include product walk-throughs, company introductions, product reviews from influencers, testimonials, and how-to videos related to the product.
3. Consider the CTA Button
The Call to Action button is the main pathway to conversion. It might be prominent, visible, and tempting. Most people understand the importance of the CTA button, but they fail to nail its placement and appearance. Here are some tips that can help you with the process:
- Make sure there’s substantial contrast between the background and the CTA button. This ensures the button pops out and is immediately noticeable. Choose complementary colors, but ensure they are distinct. For example, if you have a white background, a bright green, red, or black CTA button will be immediately noticeable.
- Prioritize your CTA buttons effectively. Customers don’t like to be confronted by too many options right from the get-go. By limiting the number of buttons to anywhere between one and three, you ensure they’re not overwhelmed and can make quick decisions.
- Include CTA headlines that evoke a sense of urgency and encourage people to take quick action. Use words that provoke action like ‘now,’ ‘learn more,’ ‘get it now,’ ‘start,’ etc. These are more effective than simple CTA buttons and headlines.
You can study the heatmap carefully to determine where people pay attention and place the CTA button accordingly. Make sure it doesn’t blend into the background and isn’t overwhelmed by the graphics on the page.
4. Focus on Website Speed
Most modern audiences are very impatient. They don’t like to wait for several seconds for a website to load. According to a recent survey, around 57% of users expect a website to take 2 seconds or less to load. More than 40% will abandon a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
Website load speed isn’t just important for user experience, but it can also have a big impact on search engine rankings. Google will rank websites with better performance and load times higher than other alternatives.
You can improve website speed by optimizing the platform. Make sure you use good CMS systems and maintain an efficient website structure. Optimize all of the images on the site to ensure they load quickly.
It is also a good idea to choose an efficient hosting service. A VPS hosting plan will deliver faster performance than a regular shared hosting plan.
- Improve Website Readability
All of the effort to optimize your website content will go down the drain if nothing is readable. Many websites have bright white backgrounds with light-colored, stylized fonts. These aren’t readable and will have a big impact on the overall user experience.
The user experience is also compromised of the page is too cluttered with images and there isn’t enough white space available. Here are some tips that can help:
- Make sure there are no distractions on the page and the content is the primary focus.
- Keep the design minimal and clean, with ample white space.
- Use responsive design to ensure the text is readable on all platforms, including mobile.
- Ensure the font contrasts well with the background and isn’t very stylized.
- Design the content on your sales pages and informative/blog post pages differently. Long-form, detailed content is suitable for research pages and short, to-the-point content is ideal for sales pages.
Many website designers, marketers, and business owners concern themselves with traffic rates. They create campaigns and alter the design to ensure enough people visit their site. However, site visits without conversions aren’t really very profitable. That’s why it is a good idea to use the tips mentioned above to improve your conversion rate. This ensures your website gets enough revenue.
Shiva Kushwaha is an SEO consultant and writer working with Ethane Technologies, leading responsive web design company in India. In his corporate life he write many blogs and articles on mobile app development, android mobile application development, Iphone app development, SEO, SMO and many more.